August 7, 2020
J. Reuben Daniel City Hall & Police Station: 1040 Roanoke Avenue (252) 533-2800
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS:
City Council Regular Meeting
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 5:15 p.m. in the Lloyd Andrews City Meeting Hall.
The public is invited to attend or may join the meeting through Zoom.
(See the City’s website for more information on how to join via Zoom at www.roanokerapidsnc.com)
The meeting will also be broadcast live on Spectrum channel 193 beginning at 5:15 PM.
The City of Roanoke Rapids is now accepting applications for the following positions:
Sanitation Equipment Operator I
An employee in this position operates sanitation equipment such as a knuckle boom on an assigned route to collect and dispose of solid waste and refuse from residential and business areas. Applicants must hold a valid NC Commercial Driver’s License.
This position is responsible for the enforcement of state and local laws.
* Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development Test indicating high school equivalency.
* Possession of valid driver's license with an active and consecutive 3-year satisfactory verifiable driving history. Driving history will be checked. (Must be able to be licensed in the State of North Carolina).
* Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission. * Must possess a valid or current Basic Law Enforcement Training (B.L.E.T.) certificate.
Candidates must provide documentation of B.L.E.T. Certificate. Certified Officers preferred but will accept applications for BLET Candidates.
(CERTIFIED Starting salary $35,000.00)
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained at www.roanokerapidsnc.com or may be picked up at City Hall – 1040 Roanoke Avenue, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney – HR Manager – City of Roanoke Rapids
Phone: (252) 533-2845 – Fax (252) 537-2097
Roanoke Rapids CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization (CDBG-NR) Program
The City of Roanoke Rapids will apply for CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization funds from the Rural Economic Development Division (REDD) to provide rehabilitation or replacement housing assistance to lower-income homeowner households in Roanoke Rapids City Limits.
The City encourages households with lower incomes who occupy substandard housing to contact the city if they would like to be considered for a rehabilitation or reconstruction housing loan (up to 10-year term, 0% interest forgiven loan) offered through the CDBG program.
In order to be considered for assistance, applicants must meet the criteria outlined below:
1. Household income must be at or below:
Household Size Income Limit
2. Applicants must be able to document that they have paid taxes due to date and obtained clear title to the property to be assisted at the time the city considers formal applications for CDBG assistance. 3. All households served must occupy a unit with severe water and/or sewer needs or severe structural deficiencies. This program is designed to address housing needs, not minor structural cosmetic improvements. 4. No rental units will be considered for assistance.
5. All units must be located within the limits of City of Roanoke Rapids.
6. Manufactured housing must have been converted into real property if owned and occupied by the homeowner prior to selection.
Contact Traci Storey, City Clerk, at (252) 533-2840 for committee information.
Planning Board/Board of Adjustment (ETJ members)
Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
Roanoke Canal Commission
ROANOKE RAPIDS CITY COUNCIL
Mayor Emery G. Doughtie Mayor Pro Tem Carl Ferebee
Council Members: Ernest C. Bobbitt, Sandra W. Bryant, Suetta S. Scarbrough, Wayne Smith
Joseph Scherer, City Manager Geoffrey Davis, City Attorney
Traci V. Storey, City Clerk Kathy Kearney, Deputy City Clerk