Thursday, 08 February 2018 21:17

Fire destroys kitchen at Park Ave. residence

Written by 
Rate this item
(2 votes)

Fire caused significant damage to a kitchen at a residence in the 1100 block of Park Avenue this afternoon.

Battalion Chief Richard Cook of the Roanoke Rapids Fire Department said the kitchen was “pretty much destroyed” but the fire was contained quickly. The rest of the house was spared, he said.

Firefighters received the call shortly before 3 p.m. Cook said they witnessed smoke showing through the outside of the house from the ridge vents and overhang.

Firefighters entered through the front door and found fire in the kitchen, which was extinguished within about 10 minutes.

The stove was on when the fire occurred, Cook said. Firefighters are ruling it accidental, he said.

Ten firefighters comprised of stations 1 and 2, as well as off-duty personnel, responded. No one was injured.

Read 3309 times

Comments on Fire destroys kitchen at Park Ave. residence

Latest Comments

Search

Latest Events

Tue Jan 23 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM
Community Conversations
Fri Jan 26 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM
4-H Movie Night
Sat Feb 10 @10:00AM -
Halifax County Genealogical Society
Wed Feb 14 @10:30AM -
Story time on Wednesdays
Thu Feb 15 @10:00AM - 04:00PM
Library book sale
Wed Feb 21 @10:30AM -
Story time on Wednesdays
Thu Feb 22 @11:00AM -
HCC Food Tasting
Wed Feb 28 @10:30AM -
Story time on Wednesdays
Fri Mar 16 @10:00AM - 02:00PM
Weldon PD blood drive

Login Form