After escaping from a foot chase Friday night, Brandon Watson was taken into custody in Raleigh.

Watson
Lieutenant Bobby Martin of the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office said Deputy Josh Clark and Lieutenant George Evans received information Sunday night Watson, wanted in the January 22 murder of Antonio Mills, was in Raleigh.
The sheriff’s office informed Raleigh officials and Watson was taken into custody.
Watson was spotted in Littleton Friday night and a foot chase ensued. Watson was able to escape and most likely got a ride to Raleigh soon after, Martin said.
On Friday, Watson’s girlfriend, Tiffany Rawlings, was arrested as an accessory after the fact of murder for helping hide Watson.
The other person wanted in the murder, Lester Kearney, was arrested without incident last week at a dwelling in Chapel Hill with assistance of the city’s police department and the State Bureau of Investigation.
He was jailed in Halifax without the opportunity for bond.
The sheriff’s office received a call of shots fired shortly after midnight January 22 and learned Mills was murdered. Two other people in the Ward Drive mobile home were shot.
As deputies responded an additional 911 call came through that said witnesses were involved in a chase with the suspect vehicle, which was last seen around the Highway 48 and Highway 158 area of Roanoke Rapids.
Investigators learned two men entered the home of Mills and a struggle ensued. The struggle ended after one of the suspects repeatedly shot Mills.